December 1st – Party and Auction at the Bus Stop!
We’re celebrating a record breaking 150 events (!!!) hosted at the Bus Stop Theatre in 2019. Join us for a party and silent auction. Gift baskets will be on display for silent auction bidding from 6pm to 8pm. Baskets are donated by our wonderful co-op members and contain a motley assortment of fun gifts that are sure to fill all your shopping obligations. Mixes of tickets, merchandise, gift certificates, baked treats, home cooked meals (in your home!) and tons of other creative goodies are lovingly assembled by our many participating companies. It’s the perfect holiday gift stop!
Join us December 1st, 6pm-8pm at the Bus Stop Theatre (2203 Gottingen St, Halifax)
>>Bids can be placed online as of 5pm, Nov 25th on our Facebook Page.
- Browse through our Facebook photo album for The 3rd Annual Great Big Bus Stop Basket Auction – 2019
- Read the basket contents and bidding instructions in the photo descriptions
- Place your bid in a comment under the picture representing the basket you’d like to win!
Auction preview – Check out some of what will be on auction till Dec 1st
Centre For Art Tapes (CFAT)
- Limited Edition tote bag designed by Jason Skinner
- Poems for Impending Doom – publication by local curators Lucy Pauker and Alessia Olivia
- Attune – Illustrated book by E. Moir
- A 2 month Editing or Production membership with the Centre for Art Tapes
Halifax Fringe Festival
- Guaranteed Entry into the 30th Annual Halifax Fringe Festival
- 10 shows at The Bus Stop Theatre
- 1 ad in the Halifax Fringe Festival Guide
- 1 ad in official Halifax Fringe insert in The Coast
- 1 extra hour of tech (priceless)
- 2 t-shirts
- 3 Passes to 7 Bays Bouldering: Day Pass + Week Pass including Shoe + Chalk Rental Month Pass
- Good Robot Hat with two tickets to a WTF (womxn, trans, femme) night at Mousetrap Comedy
- Two tickets to a Hello City show
- One hour with Hello City – you provide the space and we can do a show, workshop, or hang out! Whatever you want!
- Two tickets to Neptune Theatre’s Calendar Girls
- Mini frittatas made by the Frittata King: Peter Sarty
- Gift Cards to: Almonak, Improv Cafe & Sprout Juice
Lisa Roberts, MLA
- Handmade Crib Board
- Handmade set of ceramic mugs and cups
Mayworks Halifax Festival of Working People & the Arts
- Book: “1919: A Graphic History of the Winnipeg General Strike” by the Graphic History Collective & David Lester
- Book: “Direct Action Gets the Goods: A Graphic History of the Strike in Canada” by the Graphic History Collective with Althea Balmes, Orion Keresztesi & David Lester
- Book: “A Troublemaker’s Handbook 2” by Labor Notes, ed. by Jane Slaughter
- Book: “$15 and Fairness Now: An Organizing Handbook for Building a Movement” by Rank & File
- T-shirt: “Capitalism Isn’t Working for Workers“
- Silkscreen poster: limited 10th anniversary edition Mayworks Halifax poster
- Folding Poster Map with Story Guidebook: “MesoAmerica Resiste!” by the Beehive Design Collective
- Poster: “Capitalism Is a Pyramid Scheme” by Crimethinc
- Poster: “Direct Action Gets the Goods: A Brief Timeline of Strikes in What Is Now Know as Canada” by the Graphic History Collective
- Poster: “The Winnipeg General Strike” by the Graphic History Collective
- Poster: “Four the Moment: We’re Still Standing” original album poster
- Tote Bag: Mayworks Halifax 10th anniversary
- Social Justice Trading Cards: 3x packages of series 1, 2 & 3 (9 total) + two full sets of series 1 & 2 (20 cards)
- Storage basket
- Wire frame magazine display rack with three shelves
The Unnatural Disaster Theatre Company
A “Dinner and Theatre” basket, which includes:
- 1) An “artist at work” dishcloth.
- 2) Three Plays to devour from JWD (Listen to the Wind, Proof, and The God of Carnage).
- 3) A DINNER PARTY at your home!
We will provide a home-cooked, vegetarian meal (vegan optional) for the winner and up to 5 other guests. The evening will also include an hour of live viola music and optional entertainment and parlour games. The UDTC will do all the cooking and cleaning, so you can sit back and enjoy! Must be redeemed any day between Feb 10th-29th. The ideal time and date can be further determined once there is a winner
Zuppa Theatre Co.
A stock pot:
- A Zuppa Soupa Cookbook
- A slow cooker
- 2 bottles of wine
- A tetra pack of veggie stock
- A sprig of rosemary or a stick of celery
- and a gift certificate for a Zuppa Soupa House Party
A Zuppa Soups House Party is:
- You pick a soup from the Zuppa Soupa Cookbook you won at the auction
- Zuppa (Ben, Alex, Stew, Anika) comes to your house with the ingredients and makes the soup for you and 5 of your friends (6 people total) in your kitchen, using the stock and stock pot you won at the auction
- During the evening you drink the wine that came in your stock pot
- After supper we sing a few songs from the Zuppa repertoire
- We get drunk (or not)
- Other than the 2 bottles of wine BYOB
Also for auction, baskets from: 2b Theatre, Accidental Mechanics Group, Charles Taylor Theatre & Media Arts Association, Dalhousie Theatre Society, Prismatic Arts Festival, Rolling Bold Productions, Side Door Access, Terra Novella Theatre, The Villains Theatre, and more assembled by the Bus Stop Theatre Co-op (including another mystery basket!).