APPLICATION DEADLINE: FEBRUARY 4th, 2022
Please send a cover letter and resume by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
BIPOC & DISABILITY DESIGNATION:
Our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative of our community and to facilitate experience acquisition and career potential in the cultural sector. For this job position, we will only accept applications from people of the Deaf, Disabled or Mad community, as well as Indigenous People, African Nova Scotians and People of Colour. If you are a member of one of these equity groups you are encouraged to self-identify, on either your application form, your cover letter or your resume.
SALARY: $4,400 for 200 hours, which averages out to $22 / hour for approx. 5 hours/week
The Writers Circle Coordinator will work in collaboration with representatives of the Bus Stop Theatre Co-op Writers Circle to plan and execute and facilitate monthly script-writing circles.
They will create content for the Writers Circle social media channels to promote and generate enthusiasm for monthly meetings and any future presentations of participants’ work.
The Writers Circle Coordinator will also reach out to underrepresented communities, BIPOC artists, and newcomers to Canada, inviting writers of different backgrounds to access the connections and development opportunities offered by the Writers Circle. In this way, the position supports the provision of services to these communities, and helps curate diverse programming.
- Experience in event coordinating
- Experience managing and generating content for social media platforms
- Experience in meeting facilitation
- Experience in theatre, screenwriting, or literature an asset
- Experience in community outreach an asset
- Organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Create content promoting the Writers Circle call for submissions, and any additional Writers’ Circle programming, for social media and the Bus Stop Theatre website
- Respond to submissions and organize monthly meet-ups for participating writers (on Zoom or in-person)
- Host and moderate monthly sharing circles, encouraging respectful and engaged participation from all members
- Monitor the BST Writers Circle e-mail and social media pages
- Assist the Writers Circle Producer in seeking sponsorships to support the activities of the Writers Circle