The Bus Stop Theatre Co-operative is offering a summer position as Fundraising & Outreach Assistant. This job is being offered with the assistance of Canada Summer Jobs. To be eligible you must be:
- between the ages of 15-30
- a Canadian Citizen, permanent resident, or person on whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act
- legally entitled to work according to the relevant provincial / territorial legislation and regulations.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: June 1st, 2022
Please send a cover letter and resume (labeled with your name) by email to email@example.com
The Bus Stop Theatre Co-operative is an equal opportunity employer. We recognize that individuals from marginalized communities may have limited access to opportunities to build experience in arts administration. We also acknowledge that lived experience can be as valuable as formal training. We encourage applicants to describe the unique contributions they would bring to the organization in their cover letter.
Fundraising & Outreach Assistant
HOURS: 35 hours/week from July 11th – September 4th (8 weeks)
PAY: $13.35/ hour
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Fundraising & Outreach Assistant is responsible for summer outreach and development activities. These include both internal and external outreach components such as:
- Communications and engagement with the co-op membership and committees
- Reaching out to potential sponsors and partners in the community
- Creating a sponsorship package
- Writing press releases, social media posts, and other promotional materials
- Assistance with general maintenance of the facilities
- Assistance with general administrative duties
- Organizing a summer fundraising event in support of the Bus Stop Theatre, with tasks including:
- Event planning and design
- Coordinating volunteers and performers
- Running a budget for the event
- Liaising with the board, staff, and committees of the Bus Stop Theatre Co-op
- Reaching out to underrepresented communities, visible minorities, and newcomers to Canada through direct engagement and invitations to summer events at the Bus Stop Theatre.
This position requires an organized, motivated, and self-directed candidate.
- Has familiarity with event planning and coordination.
- Works well under pressure and is able to prioritize tasks.
- Must be able to work independently, with periods of minimal supervision as well as work as part of a team
- Has strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Is proficient in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel) and Google Docs.
***Experience running fundraisers, coordinating volunteers, pursuing sponsorships and donations, writing promotional copy, and proficiency with database systems and WordPress would all be assets.