The Bus Stop Theatre Cooperative is hiring a summer student for our 2017 Production Associate position. This job is being offered with the assistance of Canada Summer Jobs. To be eligible you must be a returning university or college student, or a student pursuing graduate studies.
HOURS: 35 hours/week from June 19th – August 25th (10 weeks)
PAY: $10.85/ hour
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The successful candidate will…
- Under the supervision of the cooperative’s board and staff, plan and execute a summer fundraiser (includes volunteer and sponsorship coordination, event promotion, and event management);
- Assist staff and committees with outreach and membership administration, including membership database, updating online member profiles, advertising membership, attending outreach events, organizing all-committee meetings, and liaising with membership;
- Assist in developing the cooperative’s social media presence;
- Compile usage statistics of the theatre;
- Develop a comparative market analysis of performance venues in the Halifax region;
- Support the Executive Director and Technical staff with other operating tasks, including maintenance and cleaning duties, as needed.
This position offers relevant work experience to a student pursuing a career in Arts Administration, Event Management, Theatre, Marketing/Outreach, or work in the Not-for-Profit sector.
This position requires an organized, motivated and self-directed candidate.
- Has familiarity with event planning and coordination.
- Works well under pressure and is able to prioritize tasks.
- Must be able to work with a team, but with strong work ethic, initiative, and ability to work independently.
- Has strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Is proficient in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel) and Google Docs.
***Experience running fundraisers, coordinating volunteers, pursuing sponsorships and donations, writing promotional copy, and proficiency with database systems and WordPress would all be assets.
The successful applicant is…
- Between 15 and 30 years of age (inclusive) at the start of employment
- Registered as a full time student during the preceding academic year
- Intending to return to school on a full time basis during the next academic year
- Is a student in a secondary, post-secondary, CEGEP (Quebec only), vocational or technical program.
- Is a Canadian Citizen, permanent resident, or person on whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act* and;
- Is legally entitled to work according to the relevant provincial / territorial legislation and regulations.
The Bus Stop Theatre Cooperative is an equal opportunity employer. We recognize that individuals from marginalized communities may have limited access to opportunities to build experience in arts administration. We also acknowledge that lived experience can be as valuable as formal training. We encourage applicants to describe the unique contributions they would bring to the organization in their cover letter.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: May 21, 2016
Please send cover letter and resume by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Summer student application”.